AMZScout tools review: How truly useful is one of the top Amazon seller software tools?
AMZScout has been around for four years,and in that time they have managed to establish themselves as one of the top software companies in the Amazon seller game. Today we are going to be taking a look at their tools and consider how useful they truly are and what they can offer to an Amazon seller.
The AMZScout ProExtension
This is their main piece of software, the one they are most well known for, and for good reason. With the Extension, you can open up any search on Amazon, turn it on and access information about the products that are on the page. The information is abundant and it shows you everything you could possibly want to know about the product. The great thing about this is that you can fully customize which information columns show up using filters. For example, you can exclude sponsored products, only view products in certain price ranges, or select FBA only products. You can also click on any of the blue columns by row and see graphs for sales, BSR and Price history for each and every one of the results. There are also a number of special features:
- Product scores – The product scores are scores that range from 1 to 10. When you click on the score, you will see a short summary explaining it and giving you some insight into how difficult it would be to replicate the success of a product.
- Niche score – Much like the individual product score, it ranges from 1 to 10. This score is based on the promise of the specific niche that is searched for. There is also an available breakdown that is much more detailed than the product score.
- Saturation score – This is the last type of scoring featured in this tool. This score shows how many other users of the tool have found the particular search that you are looking at. This is actually a common concern with new sellers.
- Additional features – There are also a handful of features that simply make the process of finding and evaluating product ideas more convenient and efficient. There is a “trends button” that shows you the Google trends related to the search that you are looking at. You can also get a list of keywords that are most prominently present in any niche you are interested in. Users can also go to Alibaba with only a couple of clicks to see the manufacturing product prices for any type of product.
Overall, this is a great tool for product research. The number of columns could be a bit overwhelming, especially if you are a beginner. Also, you don’t really need every column of information even if you are an advanced seller. This is why it’s important to customize the tool and use filters.
AMZScout Product Database
This is another tool made for product research. However, the search happens in an entirely different way from the Extension. When you open the tool, there are a number of criteria to apply. Then you simply type in the search terms and you will be greeted with a list of products that meet those criteria, and that are currently selling on Amazon.
The available filters cover every possible parameter when searching for a product. The most important considerations are the number of reviews, the sales and the price range. Select those criteria, and pick a department, and you will receive a list of viable products. There will be several columns of data, giving you the details of the products.
This is a really simple and effective tool that skips a lot of steps and gets straight to the point. The only downside is the lack of context for the product and the selling environment. Since this is information that the Extension provides, it makes sense for the two tools to be used together.
AMZScout Keyword Research tools
AMZScout actually has 2 tools specifically for keyword research: the AMZScout Keyword Search and the AMZScout Reverse ASIN lookup. The interface for both is very similar. There is a search bar, and the search results are keywords that are arranged in ascending order by estimated monthly searches. The main difference is that the Reverse ASIN lookup is searched by product ASIN, meaning that you receive results that represent the keywords that any ASIN on Amazon is indexed on. The Keyword search is searched by keywords and the results that you receive are all keywords that contain the keyword that you put into the search bar. Between the two, you can be confident that you have a full list of all of the keywords you could possibly need for your SEO and PPC.
AMZScout Keyword Tracker
One of their newest additions, this is a tool that is meant for active sellers. This tool allows you to track your product ranking, or any other product ranking, with up to 10 crucial keywords. This is great for evaluating how effective your PPC is and having a better idea of where is the best place to invest your PPC funds. The software updates every 24 hours and gives you other data as well, such as your BSR rating and number of reviews.
This tool is clearly useful, however, the 10 keyword limit is not ideal. It’s true that 10 keywords might be enough to cover the most important short tailed keywords you’re after, but more could be better.
The FBA Calculator
This is a calculator made specifically for Amazon. You can run it on any product page and it will provide all of the numbers for the product. It estimates manufacturing and shipping costs, fees, weight, size, monthly sales, and more. You can also input your own information if you get an exact quote from a supplier.
The AMZSCout QuickView
Another option is Quick view, which is a tool that sort of merges itself with your Chrome browser once you access Amazon. It basically frames every product in a set of search results with additional information related to each of the results. This a more simple tool for product research that makes evaluating any product potential instantaneous and makes it easy to spot products that you should invest more time in researching.
The Amazon Sales Estimator
Estimate Amazon sales quickly and easily by entering the Country, Category and Sales Rank. The Sales Estimator provides sales numbers based on BSR for products that are on Amazon. You can use it for free to calculate the monthly sales of any item.
The Pros and Cons of the AMZScout tools
- Very reasonably priced – Especially if you use the bundle deal they have at the moment.
- Easy to use and understand- The Extension is a bit more complex, but it’s meant to be a highly advanced tool for product research.
- Abundant sources of data – The AMZScout tools squeeze every bit of information that can possibly be gathered and present it to you in a very understandable way.
- Mostly for beginners – These tools are aimed at beginners or sellers who might be in a constant process of searching for new products. It’s not that a veteran seller cannot make use of what the tools offer, however, the tools are specifically aimed at veteran sellers.
- Product launching features – The tools are amazing at helping you to generate product ideas. Also, the additional materials that AMZScout offers for their users can help with many aspects of sourcing and bringing a product to market. However, there aren’t resources in the tools or in the materials that help you to get a product established and moving up in the ranks.
In conclusion, the tools are great, but if you are an advanced seller they might not cater to every need that you have. When it comes to beginners,this is probably the best deal available.